Jesse Metcalfe Biography
Jesse Metcalfe is an American actor and musician best known for portraying John Rowland on Desperate Housewives. He is also known for roles on Passions and playing the title role in John Tucker Must Die.
Jesse Metcalfe Age | How Old Is Jesse Metcalfe?
Metcalfe was born Jesse Eden Metcalfe on December 9, 1978, in Carmel Valley Village, California, United States of America. He is 45 years old as of 2023. Furthermore, he celebrates his birthday on December 9 every year.
Jesse Metcalfe Height
Metcalfe is an American actor and musician who stands at a height of 5′ 10″ tall.
Jesse Metcalfe Family | Jesse Metcalfe Parents
Metcalfe hails from Carmel Valley Village, California, where he was born to Nancy and Jeff Metcalfe. His father’s ancestry includes English, Irish, French, and Italian roots, while his mother’s heritage is of Italian and Portuguese origin.
Jesse Metcalfe Wife | Jesse Metcalfe Married | Jesse Metcalfe Girlfriend
Metcalfe is not currently married as of February 2024. He was previously engaged to actress Cara Santana for several years, but they called off their engagement in 2020. He has also been in other high-profile relationships, including with singer Nadine Coyle and model Corin Jamie-Lee Clark.
Metcalfe has publicly stated that he is currently single and enjoying his life in Connecticut. He has not ruled out the possibility of getting married in the future, but there is no indication that he is currently engaged or planning to get married.
Jesse Metcalfe Relationships
Metcalfe has been in several high-profile relationships throughout his career. Nadine Coyle (2006-2008): Metcalfe dated singer Nadine Coyle of the British girl group Girls Aloud in 2006. Their relationship lasted two years before they called it quits in 2008. Cara Santana (2009-2020): Metcalfe met actress Cara Santana in 2009 and they quickly became a couple.
They dated for over 10 years and got engaged in 2016. However, they ultimately called off their engagement and broke up in 2020. Corin Jamie-Lee Clark (2020-2022): Following his split from Santana, Metcalfe started dating model Corin Jamie-Lee Clark in 2020. They dated for two years before breaking up in 2022.
is Jesse Metcalfe gay?
There is no information available regarding Metcalfe being Gay. Moreover, he was engaged to his long-time girlfriend Cara Santana!
Jesse Metcalfe Children
Metcalfe does not have any children. He was previously engaged to actress Cara Santana for several years, but they never had children together. They split in 2020.
Jesse Metcalfe Career
Metcalfe portrayed Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald on the NBC soap opera Passions from its inception in July 1999 until his departure in July 2004. Following this, in July 2006, he starred as the lead in the 20th Century Fox comedy film John Tucker Must Die, alongside Sophia Bush, Brittany Snow, Arielle Kebbel, and R&B singer Ashanti. The movie, filmed in Vancouver with a budget of $18 million, garnered mixed reviews but grossed over $68 million worldwide. Metcalfe also made appearances to promote the film, including hosting an episode of The Paul O’Grady Show.
Additionally, in February 2008, it was announced that Metcalfe would feature in the remake of the 1956 film Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, alongside Michael Douglas and Amber Tamblyn. Despite filming in Los Angeles the following month, the movie encountered distribution issues and faced multiple delays. Released in September 2009, it received negative reviews and failed to meet its budget.
Metcalfe’s next notable role came in February 2011 when he was confirmed to star in the TNT drama series Dallas, a continuation of the original 1978 series. The show premiered in June 2012 to positive reviews but was canceled in October 2014 after three seasons.
Furthermore, in January 2020, Metcalfe began starring as retired Boston detective Jeff Jackson in the Martha’s Vineyard Mysteries series on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel. He also competed on the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars, finishing in 12th place with his partner Sharna Burgess. Additionally, in 2022, he appeared on the British version of The Masked Dancer as “Astronaut”.
Metcalfe has an estimated net worth of 12 million dollars which he has earned through his successful career as an actor and musician.
Jesse Metcalfe Movies and TV Shows
- John Tucker Must Die (2006): Metcalfe plays the titular John Tucker, a high school heartthrob who dates three girls at the same time.
- Chesapeake Shores (2016-2022): Metcalfe stars as Trace Riley, a married father who returns to his hometown to help his sister save their family inn.
- Dead Rising: Watchtower (2015): Metcalfe plays Chase Carter, a security guard who must fight off zombies during a mall outbreak.
- God’s Not Dead 2 (2016): Metcalfe portrays Tom Endler, a lawyer who defends a Christian teacher who is fired for sharing her faith in class.
- Escape Plan 2: Hades (2018): Metcalfe takes on the role of Luke, a tech expert who helps Sylvester Stallone’s character escape from a high-security prison.
- Christmas Under the Stars (2019): Metcalfe stars as Nick, a businessman who falls in love with a small-town baker over the holidays.
- Divine Influencer (2023): Metcalfe plays Andrew Geller, a social media influencer who gets caught up in a conspiracy.
- Fortress (2021): Metcalfe stars as Paul, a retired CIA agent who must protect his estranged son from a group of criminals.
- On a Wing and a Prayer (2023): Metcalfe portrays Kari Sorenson, a pilot who must make an emergency landing in the Alaskan wilderness.
- John Rowland on Desperate Housewives (2004-2009): This role made Metcalfe a household name, playing the gardener who had affairs with several of the housewives on Wisteria Lane.
- Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald on Passions (1999-2004): This soap opera was Metcalfe’s first major acting role, and he played the character for five years.
- Christopher Ewing on Dallas (2012-2014): This reboot of the classic soap opera saw Metcalfe take on the role of Bobby Ewing’s son, Christopher.
- Trace Riley on Chesapeake Shores (2016-2022): This Hallmark Channel series starred Metcalfe as a country music star who returns to his hometown
- Other notable roles: Metcalfe has also appeared in shows such as Smallville, Chase, and Dancing with the Stars.
Jesse Metcalfe Songs | Jesse Metcalfe Music
- “Begin Again” from the TV series “Chesapeake Shores.” This song was released in 2016 and is a heartfelt ballad about starting over.
- “Cowboy Rides Away” from the Hallmark movie “A Country Wedding.” This song is a country-western tune about a man leaving his past behind.
- “Harmony From The Heart” from the Hallmark movie of the same name. This song is a duet with his co-star Jessica Lowndes, and it’s a sweet and romantic ballad.
Jesse Metcalfe Passions
Metcalfe played the role of Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald on the NBC soap opera Passions from the show’s debut in July 1999 to July 2004. Miguel was a popular character on the show, known for his good looks, his charm, and his many romantic entanglements.
Miguel was born in Harmony, Maine, to Sheridan Crane and Antonio Lopez-Fitzgerald. He had a troubled childhood, as his parents were often at odds with each other. As a teenager, Miguel was involved in some dangerous activities, but he eventually turned his life around and became a successful businessman.
Miguel had several relationships on Passions, most notably with Sheridan, Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald, Charity Standish, and Gwen Hotchkiss. He also had a brief marriage to Kay Bennett. Miguel was a devoted father to his daughter, Endora, and he always tried to do what was best for her.
Metcalfe’s portrayal of Miguel was praised by critics and fans alike. He won a Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Male Newcomer in 2000, and he was nominated for several other awards throughout his time on the show. Miguel’s departure from Passions in 2004 was a major storyline, and it left many fans heartbroken.
Jesse Metcalfe Dallas
Metcalfe portrayed the role of Christopher Ewing in the TNT continuation of the 1978 series Dallas. The series ran for three seasons, from 2012 to 2014. Christopher Ewing is the son of Bobby Ewing and Pamela Barnes Ewing. He was originally played by various child actors in the original series, but Metcalfe took on the role for the continuation.
Christopher is a complex character who is often caught in the middle of the Ewing family’s feuds. He is ambitious and driven, but he also has a good heart. Metcalfe’s performance in Dallas was well-received by critics. He was praised for his ability to capture the essence of the character and for his chemistry with his co-stars.
Jesse Metcalfe Social Media Platforms
Metcalfe is active on his Social Media pages. He has 1 Million Followers on Instagram, 184.3k Followers on Twitter, and 799k followers on Facebook.