Kevin Chamberlin Biography
Kevin Chamberlin is an American actor. He is known for his theatre roles such as Horton in Seussical and Uncle Fester in The Addams Family.
Kevin Chamberlin Age
Chamberlin was born on November 25, 1963, in Baltimore, Maryland, in the United States of America. He is 61 years old as of 2024. He celebrates his birthday on November 25 every year.
Kevin Chamberlin Family
Chamberlin was born in Baltimore, Maryland, and was raised in Moorestown, New Jersey. Information about his parents and siblings has not been revealed.
Kevin Chamberlin Education
Following his graduation from Moorestown High School in 1981, Chamberlin pursued acting at Rutgers University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts in New Brunswick, New Jersey, earning a B.F.A. in acting in 1985. Chamberlin has gone on to perform on Broadway, garnering three Tony Award nominations, and boasts a substantial portfolio of film and television appearances.
Kevin Chamberlin Height
Chamberlin is an American actor who stands at a height of 5′ 10″ tall.
Kevin Chamberlin Career
Chamberlin has been nominated for Drama Desk and Tony Awards for Dirty Blonde (as Charlie), Seussical (as Horton), and The Addams Family (as Uncle Fester). Additional Broadway theatre credits include My Favorite Year, Triumph of Love, Abe Lincoln in Illinois, Chicago, The Ritz, and Wicked.
He appeared in the 1999 film Trick. He also appeared in Die Hard with a Vengeance as an enthusiastic NYPD bomb defusal expert. In Lucky Number Slevin, he again had a supporting role as a New York police officer. Chamberlin’s most recent work includes the role of Aron Malsky in the NBC prime-time series Heroes. He also made an appearance in a Law and Order: Special Victims Unit episode titled “Redemption” where he played a man named Roger Berry. He was also a guest on the sitcom Frasier, in season 10 episode 13.
Chamberlin previously appeared as Uncle Fester in the musical The Addams Family, a role for which he won a Broadway.com Audience Award for Favorite Performance By a Featured Actor In a Broadway Musical. Brad Oscar replaced him in the role of Uncle Fester on March 8, 2011. Chamberlin also starred as Dr. Fusion in Teen Beach Movie, a Disney Channel Original Movie starring Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Barry Bostwick, and Steve Valentine which aired July 19, 2013.
Kevin Chamberlin Partner/Husband
Chamberlin is openly gay. Chamberlin is not married in the traditional sense. However, he has been in a relationship with TV writer and producer Michael Gans since 1991. They have been together for over 30 years and consider themselves a family, though they are not legally married.
Kevin Chamberlin Net Worth
Chamberlin is an American actor who has an estimated net worth of $500 thousand.
Kevin Chamberlin Movies and TV Shows
He’s perhaps best known for his flamboyant and comedic roles, but his versatility has allowed him to tackle a wide range of characters throughout the years. Here’s a glimpse into some of his notable appearances in movies and TV shows:
- Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995): Chamberlin’s film debut came in this action thriller, where he played Charlie, the enthusiastic NYPD bomb defusal expert alongside Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis.
- Christmas with the Kranks (2004): He portrayed Marty, the uptight neighbor of Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis’ characters in this festive comedy about skipping Christmas traditions.
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006): Chamberlin had a supporting role as a New York police officer in this neo-noir crime thriller starring Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, and Morgan Freeman.
- Frasier (1993-2004): He made a guest appearance in season 10 of the beloved sitcom, playing the eccentric radio host Ken Wisconsin.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999-present): Chamberlin has had multiple guest appearances on the long-running crime drama, playing different roles across various episodes.
- Modern Family (2009-2020): He portrayed Lewis, Cameron’s flamboyant and theatrical ex-boyfriend, in a recurring role across multiple seasons of the hit sitcom
- Jessie (2011-2015): Chamberlin’s most prominent television role came as Bertram Winkle, the sarcastic and over-the-top butler, in the Disney Channel sitcom Jessie.
- Heroes (2006-2010): He played Aron Malsky, a telekinetic villain, in the later seasons of the superhero drama Heroes.
Kevin Chamberlin Songs
- when you’re an Addams
- Alone in The Universe
- Notice Me, Horton
- One Normal Night
- The People Versus Horton The Elephant
- Solla Sollew
- The Moon And Me
- Horton Hears A Who
- Let’s Not Talk About Anything Else But Love
- Horton Sits On The Egg / Act I Finale
- The Show Biz
- Seussical: Notice Me, Horton
Kevin Chamberlin Jessie
Chamberlin starred in Jessie an American comedy television series playing the role of Bertram the Ross family’s butler, he is moody and often very lazy.
Kevin Chamberlin Fester
Fester is a character role he played in the musical comedy, the Addams Family, portraying Uncle Fester.
Kevin Chamberlin Modern Family
Chamberlin in Modern Family! He brought such comedic flair to the role of Dr. Monty Lemon, the eccentric dentist, and Mitchell’s eccentric ex-boyfriend. Although he only appeared in one episode, “The Verdict” (Season 7, Episode 12), he left a lasting impression. From his flamboyant fashion sense to his over-the-top demeanor, Dr. Lemon was a walking punchline. Moreover,
Chamberlin’s comedic timing and physical expressiveness perfectly captured Monty’s offbeat charm. Though their
relationship ended years ago, Monty still holds a special place in Mitchell’s heart (and a few of his dental implants). Their reunion in “The Verdict” is filled with awkward humor and unexpected revelations.
Kevin Chamberlin Social Media
Chamberlin is active on his social media pages. He has 68 followers on his Facebook, 317.8k Followers on his Twitter, and 882k followers on his Instagram.