Genevieve Gorder Biography
Genevieve Gorder is a renowned American interior designer, television personality, and author. She is best known for her eclectic and global design style, which she has showcased on numerous television shows, including “Trading Spaces,” “Genevieve’s Renovation,” and “Stay Here.”
Genevieve Gorder Age – How Old Is Genevieve Gorder
Gorder was born on July 26, 1974, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America. She is 49 years old as of 2023. She celebrates her birthday on July 26 every year.
Genevieve Gorder Height
She stands at a height of 5′ 10” (178 cm) weighing 143 pounds (65 kg).
Genevieve Gorder Husband- Genevieve Gorder Dating/ Genevieve Gorder Wedding and Divorce
Gorder is currently married to Christian Dunbar, an interior designer and furniture builder. They got married in 2018 in a small ceremony before jetting off to Morocco to celebrate with family and friends.
Gorder was previously married to Canadian actor Tyler Harcott from 2006 to 2013. They have a daughter together named Bebelle.
Gorder and Dunbar met in 2016 and quickly fell in love. They share a passion for design and travel, and they often collaborate on projects together. Additionally, Dunbar has been a supportive partner to Gorder, and she credits him with helping her to become a better person.
Here is a brief timeline of Gorder’s relationships:
- 2006: Gorder marries Canadian actor Tyler Harcott.
- 2013: Gorder and Harcott divorce.
- 2016: Gorder meets Christian Dunbar.
- 2018: Gorder and Dunbar get married.
Genevieve Gorder Daughter
Gorder has a daughter named Bebelle Harcott. She is Gorder’s only child from her marriage to Canadian actor Tyler Harcott. Furthermore, Bebelle was born in 2006, and Gorder often shares photos and stories about her on social media.
Gorder has described Bebelle as her “mini-me” and says that she is a creative and independent young woman. She has also said that Bebelle is a source of great joy and inspiration in her life.
Genevieve Gorder Education
Early Education and Internship
Gorder attended Minneapolis South High School, where she developed an interest in art and visual design. After high school, she enrolled at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon, majoring in international affairs. However, she soon realized her true passion lay in design and decided to switch paths.
Internship at MTV
In 1994, Gorder secured an internship at MTV in New York City, where she was exposed to the world of graphic design and branding. Moreover, this internship proved to be a valuable early step in her design journey, providing her with practical experience and insights into the industry.
Self-Education and Mentorship
While Gorder did not pursue a formal design degree, she actively engaged in self-education throughout her career. She read extensively about design principles, studied the works of renowned designers, and sought guidance from experienced mentors in the industry.
Genevieve Gorder Career
Her career has spanned over two decades, marked by her eclectic style, global influences, and emphasis on creating comfortable and inviting spaces. Gorder’s career began in the early 2000s with her participation in the popular TLC reality show “Trading Spaces.”Furthermore, as one of the original designers on the show, Gorder gained recognition for her bold and unconventional designs, which often mixed vintage and modern elements, embraced vibrant colors, and incorporated unique patterns and textures. Her ability to transform spaces with her unique aesthetic resonated with viewers, making her a fan favorite.
Following her success in “Trading Spaces,” Gorder’s career expanded into various facets of the design industry. She hosted her television shows, including “Genevieve’s Renovation” and “Stay Here,” where she showcased her design expertise and helped homeowners transform their living spaces. She also ventured into writing, authoring several books on interior design. And sharing her insights and tips with aspiring designers and homeowners alike.
Gorder’s design philosophy is centered on creating spaces that are both stylish and comfortable. She believes that homes should reflect the personality and lifestyle of their inhabitants. Moreover, she encourages homeowners to embrace their unique styles and incorporate personal touches into their décor. Moreover, her signature style is characterized by its eclecticism, global influences, and emphasis on layering textures and patterns.
Gorder’s design expertise extends beyond interior design. She has expanded her portfolio into product design, collaborating with various brands to create home décor products that reflect her signature style. Additionally, These collaborations include furniture, rugs, and wallpaper. In addition, to home accessories, allowing her to bring her design vision into the homes of her fans and admirers.
Genevieve Gorder Awards and Recognition
Gorder’s contributions to the design industry have been recognized through numerous awards and accolades. In addition, she has received two Emmy Award nominations for her work on television, and she has been featured in several design publications, including Traditional Home, Elle Décor, and House Beautiful.
Genevieve Gorder Current Endeavors and Ongoing Influence
Today, Gorder remains a prominent figure in the world of interior design. She continues to host design shows, write books, and collaborate with brands, sharing her design expertise and inspiring homeowners worldwide. Her influence extends beyond the realm of design, as she has also become an ambassador for various causes, promoting sustainable practices and advocating for women’s empowerment.
Genevieve Gorder’s career is a testament to her passion for design, her ability to connect with people, and her unwavering belief in the power of design to transform spaces and lives. Furthermore, her eclectic style, global influences, and emphasis on creating comfortable. Additionally, inviting spaces have left an indelible mark on the design industry, inspiring aspiring designers and homeowners alike.
Genevieve Gorder Rugs
Her rug collections embody her signature eclectic and global design style, featuring a range of patterns, textures, and colors that seamlessly complement various interior styles.
Genevieve Gorder Rug Collections:
- My Magic Carpet: This collection showcases vibrant tropical florals and abstract designs, bringing a touch of exoticism and energy to any space.
- Insignia and Spear: These collections feature graphic, bold patterns that add a modern edge to traditional rug designs.
- Elsinore: This collection offers durable, flat-woven rugs made from 100% polypropylene, ideal for indoor-outdoor spaces.
- Solid Rugs: Gorder also offers a selection of solid rugs in various colors and textures, providing a versatile foundation for any décor.
Characteristics of Genevieve Gorder Rugs:
- Eclectic and Global Style: Gorder’s rugs reflect her signature eclectic and global design aesthetic, drawing inspiration from diverse cultures and eras.
- Handcrafted Quality: Each rug is handcrafted using traditional techniques, ensuring exceptional quality and durability.
- Variety of Patterns and Textures: Gorder’s rug collections feature a wide array of patterns, textures, and colors, catering to various tastes and interior styles.
- Sustainable Materials: Gorder is committed to sustainability, using eco-friendly materials whenever possible.
- Versatility: Gorder’s rugs can be seamlessly incorporated into a variety of spaces. From living rooms and bedrooms to hallways and entryways.
Gorder’s rug collections are a testament to her design expertise and her passion for creating beautiful, functional, and unique pieces for the home.
Genevieve Gorder Net Worth
Gorder has an estimated net worth of 5 million dollars.
Genevieve Gorder Social Media
Gorder is active on her social media platforms. She has 176k Followers on Instagram, 167k Followers on Facebook, and 55.9k Followers on Twitter.
Genevieve Gorder Home
Gorder’s own home is a reflection of her style. It is a warm and inviting space that is filled with personality and charm. The home is decorated with a mix of vintage and modern furniture. Furthermore, It features several eclectic and unique pieces.
Gorder’s home is also a testament to her love of travel. She has collected souvenirs and pieces of art from all over the world, and she has incorporated them into her décor. The result is a home that is both stylish and personal.
Genevieve Gorder Designs
Her designs are characterized by a seamless blend of vintage and modern elements, often incorporating unique and unexpected accents.
Common Elements in Genevieve Gorder’s Designs:
- Layering Textures and Patterns: Gorder masterfully layers textures and patterns to create visual interest and depth. She combines elements like rough wood, soft fabrics, and bold patterns to add dimension and character to a space.
- Mixing Styles and Periods: Gorder embraces a mix of styles and periods, seamlessly blending vintage pieces with contemporary elements. This creates a sense of eclecticism and timeless appeal.
- Incorporating Global Influences: Gorder draws inspiration from various cultures and regions, incorporating unique pieces and artwork from around the world. Additionally, this adds a touch of exoticism and personal flair to her designs.
- Embracing Color: Gorder is not afraid of color, using it to add vibrancy and personality to her designs. Furthermore, she often employs bold accent colors and unexpected color combinations to create a sense of energy and excitement.
- Emphasizing Comfort and Functionality: Gorder prioritizes comfort and functionality in her designs. She carefully considers the layout and flow of a space to ensure it is both aesthetically pleasing and practical for everyday living.
Overall, Genevieve Gorder’s designs are characterized by their eclecticism, comfort, functionality, and personal touches. She masterfully blends styles, incorporates unique accents, and embraces color to create spaces that are both stylish and inviting.
Genevieve Gorder Trading Spaces
Gorder rose to prominence as one of the original designers on the popular TLC reality show “Trading Spaces,” which aired from 2000 to 2008. Subsequently, she appeared in Seasons 1-4, 6, and 9, making her one of the most recognizable and beloved designers on the show.
Gorder’s signature style in “Trading Spaces” was characterized by her eclectic and global approach to design. Additionally, she fearlessly mixed and matched vintage and modern pieces incorporated bold textures and patterns, and embraced a variety of colors and styles. Her designs were always fresh, unexpected, and full of personality.
In addition to her design prowess, Gorder was also known for her infectious enthusiasm and her ability to connect with homeowners on a personal level. Moreover, she was always willing to take risks and push the boundaries of design, and she encouraged homeowners to embrace their unique styles.
Gorder’s popularity on “Trading Spaces” helped to launch her career as a successful interior designer. She has since hosted her shows, including “Genevieve’s Renovation” and “Stay Here,” and she has appeared on numerous other design programs. She has also written several books on design and has her line of home décor products.